I used to wonder how they did it. You know, the girls that worked out every day, worked a full-time job, had a social life and some even taking care of a family. Yeah, I wondered, do they sleep? Well now I get it and I want to share with you the 3 ways to staying motivated.
1. Your Mind
First, we have to get something straight – throw out your excuses. I have a husband, a 4 year old, a 2 month old, 2 dogs, a full-time job, a social life, a house to keep up on and so much more. Yes, I am busy and I know you are too, everyone is. You think Beyoncé isn’t busy? She is. However, she still is one of the most idolized women in the world with a net worth of 105 M (according to Forbes) but works out and manages not to go all Britney Spears 2007 on us. Get it? Okay. So throw out the excuses beautiful, we all have them.
Sorry, I know that was harsh but sometimes it needs to be. And now that we have faced the elephant blocking your path we can use it to knock down the wall that is also in the way of your success.
Stop saying you can’t, you can! Stop saying you don’t want to and start saying “I’ll feel so much better after I do this.” Stop comparing yourself to other people, YOU are amazing, strong, beautiful and so much more. STOP being so negative. Negativity is what is stopping you. Your mind is what is stopping you. Not your body. Your body is strong! Start working on your mind now. Say it with me:
“I am capable of great things. My body is strong and working out will make it even stronger. I am worth the time and I am worth the effort.”
Following unhealthy boards and negative people are not going to help you make the changes that you’re longing for in your life. I challenge you to add 5 people to each of your social media accounts that you find inspiring. Whether it’s for fitness or wellness is up to you. Here are a few people that really inspire me. Some I know personally and others are complete strangers. And no I am not mentioning the ones I know personally for any favors, they don’t even know I’m doing this, but I’m sure they won’t mind. (If so, tell me and I’ll remove you.)
- FindingAprilMay (FB and Instagram)
Health and Wellness
– April has come a long way on her journey of finding herself in the last few years. She is my sister so I have seen the progress that she has made despite the struggles she has faced. She has been on Instagram for about a year now showing her journey and recently started blogging about tips/reminders on how to be the best you that you can be despite your circumstances.
- Eschashley_fitlife (Instagram) Ashley Esch (FB)
– I have been following Ashley for a little over a year now. She has slayed her way into a healthy lifestyle for herself and her two boys even though she is a picky eater and she motivates me every day to do the same through her posts that she shares.
- oodles_of_oils (FB and Instagram)
– I have actually known Kristin for a long time but only recently have I started following her wellness pages. I seriously don’t know why it took me so long. She lives a lifestyle that kicks chemicals to the curve and you can see it in the way her skin glows!
- Sarah’s Day (Instagram and YouTube)
Youtubes Holistic Princess, Fitness and Health
– Sarah is awesome. Her youtube video’s are fun to watch, her workouts leave you feeling like a superhero and everything food wise that she makes sounds amazing! She’s just an average girl that found herself suffering from feeling blah, having acne and decided to take charge! #inspired y
- Kayla Itsines (Pinterest and Instagram) also has a BBG community page on FB
Health and Fitness
– I have explained my obsession with Kayla already, if you don’t know who she is or why I follow her, read my previous blog here because she’s the top dog.
- Kelsey Wells (Instagram)
– She’s a stranger and I know absolutely nothing about her other than 2 things.
1. She is a mom of a 3 year old
2. She’s got a slamming body that would make any mom jealous
3. She is part of the Sweat Team (Kayla Itsines)
- Sjana Elise (Instagram)
Wellness and Fitness
– She’s also part of the Sweat Team and is the Yoga Trainer. She focuses on, Yoga obviously, health, traveling and being happy. She battled with depression and shares her story to help others find happiness in their own life. Her Instagram stands out with gorgeous photos and inspiring captions.
These people might have other social media accounts but these are the ones that I follow. 🙂
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, accountability is so important! It motivates you more than anything else because you don’t want anyone to know that you failed.
The best way to hold yourself accountable is to put yourself out there. Stop, I know you don’t want to but reflect for a moment on why you don’t want to and that is exactly why you need to.
You don’t have to take a before picture and post it, that’s not what I am saying. I’m saying let it known to everyone that you’re grabbing the steering wheel and driving yourself to a healthy lifestyle. Those that love you will show their support and that will help motivate you too!
Good luck dolls, you got this!!
Photo’s from Pinterest